[Ilovemyshape.com] Many people are blessed with big curly hair while others are settled with straight hair. Curly or wavy hair is considered as the more flattering one since it seems to be bigger, thicker and more lively. However, the curly hair people know that the struggle is real. Sometimes, the hair becomes frizzy instead of being beautifully curled and styled, and it is not easy to tame them at all. If you are one of those struggling people, you are lucky. We are here to share with you some home remedies for frizzy hair that will help smooth out the frizz and save you a lot of money.
Home Remedies For Frizzy Hair That Work Wonders
Isn’t it interesting to hear that home remedies for frizzy hair can be made out of mayonnaise? Well, this is 100% true. The main components of mayonnaise are oil and egg, which are absolutely great for nourish the hair.
- Take ¼ cup of mayonnaise and mix it with 1 tablespoon of almond oil (or other carrier oil as you wish), 1 tablespoon of lime/lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, and 1 egg yolk.
- Apply the mixture to your clean damp hair and give it about 30 minutes to work.
- Wash off with water.
- Repeat twice a week
2. Carbonated Water
The carbonated water is basically water with carbon dioxide gas dissolved in it. They are more familiar in the form of soda water, club soda or sparkling water. The carbon dioxide makes the soda water’s pH level lower than purified water, which means it is slightly acidic. This is really good for frizzy hair that caused by the humidity.
This remedy is super simple. Wash your hair using carbonated water and your regular shampoo. You hair will come out soothed and less frizzy. The only cons of this is that it will take some time to really tame the frizz, so you will need some patience here.
Besides being a fun light alcohol in your party, beer is also one of the most effective home remedies for frizzy hair. It is similar to carbonated water but with extra nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants. The darker the beer is, the better the result.
- Simply coat all of your hair with beer, gently massage it in, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water
- Repeat once every two weeks.
4. Avocado Hair Mask
We all love the delicious fatty taste of avocado, and we sure love it more because of its ability to nourish our hair. The vitamin E and other nutrients in avocado will keep the hair hydrated and always under control.
- Take 1 ripe avocado and mash it in a bowl with a little bit of olive oil.
- Mix it really well to form an even paste
- Apply the paste to your shampooed hair and allow it to sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Alternatively, make an avocado hair mask by combining 1 mashed avocado with 1 cup of curd or some mayonnaise, and apply it on the hair for about 40 minutes or more. Wash off with water.
- If it is too greasy, you can lightly wash it with shampoo and add some conditioner at the end.
- Use this once or twice a week as s treatment for dry and frizzy hair.
5. Banana Mask
Those lovely Minions would really love this recipe because you are going to literally take a bath with bananas. Banana is a super food. It tastes good and is full of energy and healthy nutrients. Carbohydrates, potassium, and vitamins, all of these ingredients will add moisture to the hair and lock it in. The hair will be healthy, shiny and less prone to frizz and split end.
- Mash a ripe banana until it forms a consistent paste, then add ¼ cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons each of olive oil and honey, and stir well.
- Apply the paste to the hair and scalp, and then cover your entire head and hair with a shower cap for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse off and wash your hair as usual
- Repeat once a week
6. Natural Oils
Natural oils are one of the best home remedies for frizzy hair. In fact, it is one of the best hair treatments available. The oil deeply penetrates the hair and pushes the moisture and nutrients into it, which results in stronger hair with a better look. The moisture is seal within each hair strands, which help tame frizzies.
There are many hair care recipes that include oil, and it is so hard to choose only one of them. Therefore, we will list down below some, so that you can have a few options to choose from.
Hot Massage For Scalp
- Take some olive oil/coconut oil/almond oil or whatever you choose and heat it up, so it will be warm when you use it. Depending on the length and the thickness of the hair, the amount of oil used will be different. You can create a combination of all the oil if you like. Adding some drop of vitamin E oil is also a great idea.
- Apply the oil to your head and massage it into the scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it sit for 30 minutes or more.
- Wash off as you normally do with cold water
- Repeat 3 times a week to achieve the best result
Oil & Egg Hair Mask
This combination is absolutely fantastic for your hair since both almond oil and egg are extremely good to nourish the hair and scalp.
- Whisk one raw egg with 1 tablespoon of almond oil/olive oil. You may increase or lessen the amount of oil due to your hair/scalp situation.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and wait for about 40 minutes
- Rinse off as normal
- Use this recipe once a week
7. Lemon & Honey
Lemon contains many essential vitamins that promote healthy hair, and honey is a great moisturizer. Therefore, it is nice to combining them into one mask that will help you get rid of frizzy hair.
- You will need 2 tablespoons of each fresh lime/lemon juice and organic honey.
- Mix them all together with about a cup of water.
- Apply this to your fresh washed hair and massage it in for 10-15 minutes
- Wash off as usual with some warm water
- Repeat twice a week
The Bottom Line
We hope that you find this writing helpful. All these home remedies for frizzy hair are relatively easy to make and use, even though some of them might be a little bit messy when you try them on. Despite that fact, we are sure that those recipes will be totally worth it. Wish you enjoy the experience with these.
You might like watching: