[Ilovemyshape.com] Acne on the back, back acne or sometimes called acne is more common than you thought, and it is one of the most inconvenience things to have. This skin disorder happens mostly due to the excessive oil production in the back’s oil glands. This oil combines with dirt, sweat and dead skin cells and forms acne on the back.
Besides, poor hygiene and clothing material also contributes to this, since it creates a more favorable environment for bacteria to grow and make the skin easier to get acne. To get rid of back acne is not easy because you cannot really see what is happening there and also hard to take care of it since you can barely touch it. However, with some proper caring and patience, you can definitely get over it. Here are some tips that I Love My Shape wants to share with you today.
- Homemade Body Scrubs – The Secret Of Healthy Looking Skin
- 10 Essential Oils For Skin And Mind Relaxation
- Benefits Of Honey On Skin
Acne On Back: Causes And Cures
Causes Of Acne On Back
- Watch out for the products you are using…
Well, it is on your back, and you cannot really see it obviously, so there is a big chance that there is something clogging the pores there without your notice for a long time. Maybe your body lotions/cream or sunscreen or even your massage oils are blocking the oil glands. Sometimes, the remainder of shampoo, hair conditioner or body wash is contributing to your clog pores.
The tip is using a light moisturizer and sunscreen. This is a very easy way to avoid clogged pores. You can also search for oil-free or medicated body lotion/body wash to make sure that you are helping or at least not contributing any more to clogged pores.
- ….And your clothes too
You sure have some experience with clothing materials that irritate your skin, make it itchy and get red. Besides, some materials do not allow your sweat to dry easily, which causes it to sit on your skin, clogs into pores and later forms blemishes. Therefore, be sure to wear comfortable clothes, especially when you work out or do a lot of active activities. Using fabrics that can absorb sweat easily is also recommended.
- Are you eating the right food?
Your body takes nutrients from the things you ate. If you have an unhealthy eating style with a lot of salt, fat, processed food, fast food or stuff like that with little minerals, vitamins, fibers and water, it is not a surprise at all when your back is covered in acne. You need to support your body with healthy food in order for it to function well.
Cures For Acne On Back
Keeping you back clean
This is a must if you want your back to be flawless, especially if you already have acne-prone skin.
- Taking shower regularly, especially after you sweat. Keeping the skin clean and the pores clog-free are the most basic things to achieve clear skin.
- When taking a bath, wash your back last to make sure that there is no shampoo, conditioner, or body wash left. You might want to flip your hair to the front and wash it to avoid any hair product residue on your back and neck.
- Consider changing your detergent if needed, because this might irritate your skin, especially if your skin is sensitive.
- Wash your clothes, bathrobe, bed sheets or sleeping clothes regularly.
- Using medicated body wash if needed.
- Exfoliated once or twice a week to get rid of clogged pores.
Taking care of the back skin
As you take care of facial skin, the skin on your back needs some love, too. Use oil-free lotion/cream/moisturizer to nourish it. The oil production tends to increase when the skin is dry, so keeping the moisture balanced is a great idea to stay away and treat acne.
If the situation is serious, you might need to go to the doctor and use some special/medical products. In alternatively, you can seek for some homemade remedies for acne on back and try it before asking for professional help.
Here are some remedies that you can try:
Oatmeal can soothe any irritation, help exfoliate and reduce inflammation on the skin.
- Run a warm bath and put 3 tablespoons of oatmeal powder in it.
- Soak yourself in the oatmeal tub for 20-30 minutes.
- You can take extra plain oatmeal (about 3 tablespoons), dip in water to make them soft and saturated, and then gently rub it into your back. This provides gentle exfoliation and also allows the skin to absorb all the goodness in oatmeal.
- Do this regularly to get rid of back acne.
Epsom salt bath
- Similar to using oatmeal, but replace the oatmeal with 1-2 cups of Epsom salt. Stir the tub a little to dissolve all the salt.
- Soak in for 20-30 minutes. Avoid using any commercial soaps, shampoo or gels during this.
- Use a loofah to gently wash your body.
- Repeat regularly.
- Notice: Do not rub the Epsom salt directly to your skin or it might be irritated. Drink a lot of water before and after taking a bath with Epsom salt. Eat more foods that have calcium and magnesium with this treatment.
- In an alternative way, you can replace the Epsom salt with sea salt. Moisturize your skin afterward if needed, because the salt can suck up too much moisture.
If you have mild acne, you might want to give this a try.
- Make a spray bottle out of purified water and some sea salt.
- Spray salt water on the back 2 times a day, and let it dry naturally.
- Remember to wear loose clothes.
Baking soda is an easy way to get rid of acne on back because it can help you balance the pH level on the skin, unclog pores, kill bacteria and reduce inflammation and irritation.
- Mix baking soda with some clean water to form a thick paste
- Apply the paste to the problem area and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with water, and repeat regularly.
Lavender essential oil
Lavender essential oil has the ability to reduce irritation or swelling at the same time with killing all the bacteria. It also makes you feel relaxed, releases stress and balances the hormones within our body that cause acne.
Add 8 drops of lavender oil together with your Epsom salt bath for 1-3 times a week to improve your condition. You can also mix some drops of it with your body moisturizer, massage oil or exfoliator to double up the effect.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is well-known for its strong power in curing acne.
- Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 cup of pure water, and pour it all into a clean bottle. You can store this in the fridge for later uses.
- Apply the solution to your back 3 times daily using 1 cotton ball.
Apple vinegar cider
Apple cider vinegar is a natural way to balance the skin pH level, reduce swelling and fight acne on back.
Every day, drink a mixture of 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 glass of water to help cleanse out toxins and follow these below external caring steps.
- Make a mixture consisting 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 2 parts of pure water. Store the mixture in the fridge.
- Spray the solution to your back before going to sleep, and let it sit for 20-25 minutes. You can apply it with a cotton ball instead if it is more convenient to you.
- Rinse off with water.
- Repeat daily.
Cinnamon and honey
Cinnamon and honey are both acne-killers. Besides, they nourish the skin and promote regenerating cells, which help the skin to heal faster from the damages of acne.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 2 tablespoons of raw organic honey, and ½ teaspoon of fresh squeezed lemon/lime juice.
- Stir well and apply the mixture to your back.
- Allow it to sit for 15-25 minutes or until it dries.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat regularly depending on the skin situation.
The Bottom Line
Back acne is really annoying because of how uncomfortable and unconfident it makes you feels. However, if you pay proper attention and caring to it, it will definitely get better. They are all natural tips and remedies on how to fight acne on back. Hope you find helpful information and suitable solutions for your case. Wish you luck and may the flawless sexy back be yours in no time.
- Green Tea For Acne From A To Z
- Acne No More Guidebook – Can It Help You Get Rid Of Acne Fast