[Skindiets.com] Our body skin cells naturally die out and are replaced by newer younger cells in every part of the body, from head to toe, every day. Therefore, after a few days without any washing or cleaning, you can really notice the dead cells built up on your body, including on the lips. During the winter or the chilly months, when the air gets much drier, it is more obvious to see the dead skin on the lips. Many people have chapped lips with a lot of flaky or crusty dead skin that can be easily bitten off or peeled or tugged off by hand, which can actually hurt the lips and make them bleed. This is so annoying, but at the same time, so easy to get rid of. All you need is some lip scrub. You can easily make a DIY lip exfoliator out of your kitchen that will both save your lips and your budget.
- A Balmy Exfoliator
This is a very easy DIY lip exfoliator that will moisturize the lip and take all the dead skin cells at the same time.
- Take a lip balm, any kind that you like. Swivel the balm all out the tube, take it into a small bowl, and mash it really well.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar. You can use any sugar in your kitchen. They are all acceptable.
- Mix the sugar and the balm to form a paste.
- Add 1 spoonful of organic coconut oil to the paste. This will thin out the consistency and make it easier to work with.
- Mix and stir the paste really well to contribute it evenly. Put the paste in a small clean jar with sealed lid. This can be store for a few months.
- In use, take a little bit of the paste and massage it into the lips. Then let it sit for 1-2 minutes and wipe off with a damp cloth. Use it only 1-2 times a week, you really don’t want to over-exfoliate and irritate the delicate skin there.
- Homemade body scrubs – The secret of healthy looking skin
- 5 remedies to get rid of dark lips at home
- Top 5 vitamins good for skin
- Easy Sugar Scrub
You will need:
- 2 teaspoons of sugar. You can literally use any sugar from raw, brown, to refined sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil or any other carrier oil you have in hand.
- Mix it all together to form a paste. If you feel like the texture is too thin or thick, you can always add more sugar or honey to it.
- Keep the mixture in a clean jar and store it in a dry place for later using.
- Gingerbread Lip Scrub
- 2 tablespoons of softened coconut oil (not melted)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. You can replace it by regular sugar if you don’t have.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon of molasses
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon of fresh ground nutmeg
- Mix all of the ingredients together to form an even consistency, and store it in a clean container.
- Use it as any other lip scrub for 1-2 times a week.
Besides cleaning all the dead skin cells, this DIY lip exfoliator can stimulate blood flow and circulation to the lips due to the presence of ginger and cinnamon. Your lips will be smoother, plumper and healthily pink after using this.
- Cinnamon Lip Scrub
If you really want to plump the lips, here is one recipe that you should try. This DIY lip exfoliator can make your lips look instantly fuller naturally, prep the lip to absorb all the goodness from lip balm and make the lipstick application better.
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 raw organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Combine brown sugar, olive oil, raw organic honey, and cinnamon powder with each other.
- Stir well to form a thick paste.
- Use your fingertip to massage the scrub to your lips to get rid of all the crusty skin.
- Rinse off with water and apply lip balm afterward.
- Chocolate Butter Lip Exfoliator
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon of Shea butter
- ½ tablespoon of carrier oil. This can be olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba, almond or walnut oil, whatever that fits your flavor.
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
- Mix it all together to form a paste-like consistency and store in a jar or container.
This is going to last for quite a while since you only need a small amount per use (well, if you don’t eat them because they smell really good). The Shea butter is really good for external use in general, for both skin and hair. The nutrients in it can deeply moisturize the lip, and soften even the most cracked and chapped lips. In contribution, cocoa powder helps rejuvenate the skin cell. With constant use, this lip scrub will help you achieve attractive pink lips that everybody would die for.
The Bottom Line
In the above are 5 DIY lip exfoliator recipes that we suggest you to try for smoother lips. They are all really easy and effective. You can easily play with the ingredients to create your own lip scrub by adding honey or vanilla extract or many other flavors. If you are someone who would love to use a different scrub every time, making a few DIY exfoliators is the best option for you without throwing a bunch of money out of the window. Hope you have fun making your own version of lip scrub and your lips will always be smooth and sexy.