[ilovemyshape.com] Are you worrying and looking for some solutions to help you out with hair breakage? Don’t be. Here we are and we are going to show you some home remedies for hair breakage that will surely work. Healthy strong lustrous hair is totally achievable, and you don’t have to spend a tremendous amount of money in the salon for that. The secret for a strong hair is right there in your kitchen.
Read more: Grey Hair Causes And Natural Treatments
Top 3 Home Remedies For Hair Breakage
Before we start with those promised home remedies for hair breakage, we want to note down some important things for you. Hair breakage happens due to the lack of moisture and oil, over processing (heat damage, too much bleaching, coloring, or washing), poor diet, stress, and illness. You need to understand the cause of your problems in order to find the best solution. These remedies below are going to help you with part of the problems, but if the cause is stress, illness and over processing, they are not the best solutions. Living a healthy lifestyle, taking care of yourselves properly, supporting your body with enough nutrients and water, watching out for any illness and keeping a stable state of mind are all required for a healthy balance body, which also mean healthy hair.
- Classic Avocado Mask
This is one of the best home remedies for hair breakage. Avocado is very rich in nutrients including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy fat. Olive oil is great for hair since it contains a lot of vitamin E (which support the health of skin and hair in general). Together, these 2 components of the mask will deeply penetrate the hair, give it back some lost moisture and oil, make it stronger and less prone to breakage.
You will need an avocado, 1 tablespoon of olive oil (the extra virgin one is recommended), 1 tablespoon of honey, a shower cap and some free time.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl. You can use a blender to make it really smooth.
- Add the honey and olive oil into the mashed avocado. Mix them really well.
- Massage the mixture into your hair from roots to tips, including your scalp for a few minutes until your whole hair is evenly coated with the paste.
- Put on the shower cap and wait for at least 20-30 minutes. You can leave it on for a longer time if you could. That will allow the mask to work better actually.
- Wash off the mask first with water, and then shampoo your hair. Using conditioner as usual.
- Repeat the step 1-2 times a week.
- Egg Masks
There’s no doubt that egg is a wonderful source of nutrients. It is rich in protein, which can really give back the life to your hair and make them stronger than ever. There are many versions of home remedies for hair breakage that come from eggs, and they are all good, but more or less effective depending on your hair type. Therefore, we are going to list some of them in here, just so you can choose the best one yourself.
Recipe 1: Egg, olive oil, and honey
- For this one, you will need 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, then add all the other ingredients and mix it all together.
- Apply the mixture to your damp hair and work it into both the hair and the scalp.
- Cover your head with a shower cap or a towel for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair with lukewarm water to clean all the mixture.
Recipe 2: Egg, yogurt, and almond oil
- Prepare 2 eggs, ½ cup of full-fat yogurt (if you can’t find this, you can use regular plain yogurt instead), and 1 ½ tablespoon of almond oil.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Stir/mix/beat all of that to form a smooth creamy mixture
- Massage the mixture into your scalp and hair, and then tuck them all inside a shower cap to allow it to work for an hour.
- Wash off with water and a good shampoo.
Recipe 3: Egg, vinegar, olive oil and coconut oil
- Mix 3 eggs, 1 tablespoon of each vinegar, olive oil and coconut oil. Using apple cider vinegar is the best, or else you can use regular white vinegar instead. Wine-based vinegar is also good if you have dry hair.
- You can add a few drops of essential rosemary oil to the mixture to further its impact.
- Apply to your hair and scalp
- Let it sit for 25-30 minutes before washing it off with shampoo.
- Natural Carrier Oil
Natural carrier oil is one of the easiest home remedies for hair breakage.
- All you need to do is take several drops of the chosen oil, warm it up and massage into your head, scalp, and hair.
- Depending on the length of the hair, you might need 1 teaspoon or more.
- Cover your hair, leave it overnight and then wash off in the morning.
Alternatively, you can apply the oil generously, wear a shower cap, let it sit for an hour and then shampoo your hair. We recommend using warm oil or heat up your cap with a blow dryer or sitting in a warm spot while waiting for the oil to do the magic.
You can use olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, castor oil, Argan oil, etc to treat your hair. They can be used separately or in combination as well. To achieve better and faster results, you can add some drops of essential oils such as rosemary to the carrier oil above.
The Bottom Line
There are plenty home remedies for hair breakage, and you sure will find some other recipes out there. In here we have noted down some easy-making and popular ones that work really well. Hope that you find them helpful, too. Don’t be downhearted if you haven’t found your holy grail treatment yet, because it might be still waiting for you to be discovered. Remember to take care of your body properly both from the outside and inside, and your hair will be lustrous soon.