[Ilovemyshape.com] A fairy-tale story book read by my father, some coloring books, fresh baked cakes and ice cream made by my mother. That perhaps are the best childhood memories… The taste of that delightful, succulent flavors still feel fresh in my mouth. I still can’t figure out, was that the ice cream or my mother’s blessed hands but GOD that ice cream was… pure heavens. This memory actually compelled me trying and practicing my own homemade ice cream recipes.
Homemade ice creams phonemically are associated with intricate details, difficult processes and high notch machines. But once started, I figure out that after all it’s not that complicated and this is exactly what I am sharing at I Love My Shape. All you need is some milk, condensed milk (preferably), flavoring base, mixing bowls and some patience…! Once you get into adjusting right base and flavoring, you are ready to make perfect creamy delights which will be finished even before the guests arrive … yeah they are that irresistible.
Delicious Homemade Ice Cream Recipes Of All Time
Before moving to most basic and simple homemade ice cream recipes one thing which stands out is either you want a French style or American style (Philadelphia or New Yorker) treat. The basic variation depends on the fact that you want a custard base which is cooked for smooth texture or no cook, no eggs lighter base. Instead of going all that cooking and custard stuff I will prefer the simple homemade ice cream recipes (after all I am as lazy as……most people are). So, I will take the route of mixing some ingredients quickly and yes … effortlessly, the philly style.
- Mango Ice Cream
The best of the best. The creamy smooth flavor makes this ice cream a dessert well-earned especially after long tiring day. The homemade ice cream recipes for mango variations are quite simple. All needed is whipped cream, condensed milk, and mango puree. The ratio is quite simple.
All needed is whipped cream, condensed milk, and mango puree. The ratio is quite simple.
- Take 2 cups of cream and mango puree each and 1 cup of condensed milk and simple milk each.
- Beat well the cream and condensed milk. Add some milk to it and beat again. Mango puree is simple to make, just blend some mangoes well until smooth texture. Mix puree in
- Add some milk to it and beat again. Mango puree is simple to make, just blend some mangoes well until smooth texture. Mix puree in
- Mango puree is simple to make, just blend some mangoes well until smooth texture. Mix puree in
- Mix puree in mixture and fold slowly so that air locked in is not released.
- Then freeze for good 5 – 6 hours.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
The sweet vanilla touch is always hard to resist. The most interesting part of this smooth silky ice cream is that it can be combined with almost all other flavors. You can have various simple ways of getting it right.
- The most simple is to mix cream and condensed milk.
- Then, add the vanilla extract. For about 1 cup of both add 2 tbsps vanilla extract. Alternatively, you can take 2 cups of milk and around ½ cup sugar and let it simmer.
- After cooking for some time add 2 egg yolks (beaten).
- Next, add 1 cup condensed milk.
- On cooling add 1 cup of cream and mix well.
- Refrigerate for about 5 – 6 hours.
- Chocolate Ice Cream
The ice cream flavor which I used to drool on. And that is why I tested many variations of homemade ice cream recipes to get this one right. So for me the best option is keep it simple.
- Just take one can condensed milk and mix ½ cup cocoa powder and 1 tsp vanilla extract to it.
- Take 2 cups of heavy whipped cream and fold the condensed milk mixture to it.
- If you want to add Choco chips or nuts, wait till the mixture reached soft-serve consistency.
- After adding the accessories freeze again.
- Strawberry Chunky Ice Cream
One of my favorites is rich strawberry creamy ice-cream with strawberry chunks.
- The base is almost the same with 2 cups cream and 1 cup condensed milk mixed together.
- Add 1 cup milk and mix again.
- Then, add around 2 cups of strawberry puree and fold in the mixture.
- For chunks sprinkle sugar on strawberries and crush with potato masher.
- Again let the mixture reach soft-serve consistency to fold in chunks and then freeze again.
A very delicious street food recipe common in especially Pakistan served by hawkers in summer time is this scrumptious milk ice cream. There is a street version of it where milk is cooked with sugar for quite a while until it’s little dense and caramel in color. Grinded pistachios are also added. Its then put in kulfi moulds and put in ice having salt in it for freezing. A variation to this recipe is kulfa.
- For this, take around ½ can of evaporated milk and condensed milk each, 2 cups of whipped cream and 2 bread slices.
- Blend them all together.
- Add grinded pistachios and almonds.
- Then, let it freeze for around 5 – 6 hours.
This will surely top the list of homemade ice cream recipes.
- Coffee Brownie Delight Ice Cream
One of the best combination is having coffee with brownies. So my ultimate preference was to why not make an ice cream version of it. There might be some adjustments needed in making the perfect balance. The base as usual is simple.
- Take 2 cups whipped cream and 1 cup condensed milk.
- Take around 2 Tbsps. coffee and mix in 1 Tbsp. water.
- Now, add coffee to condensed milk and cream mixture and mix well.
- Put the mixture in refrigerator and wait till the consistency is little soft.
- Fold in brownie chunks very delicately and place the container back for freezing.
- After it’s done enjoy the delicious coffee brownie scoop which will be finished before starting.
The Bottom Line
So if you are planning for quick dessert or having that craving for ice-cream (which I am usually having no matter what time of year) you need not to worry about all those assortments, egg yolks and cooking. These simple homemade ice cream recipes at I Love My Shape will work wonders. And most probably will be finished even before freezing if you don’t spy around.
- 5 Fresh Lettuce Salad Recipes To Enjoy In Summer
- 8 Fruit Smoothie Recipes: Hard To Resist
- 3 Homemade Delicious Smoothies To Lose Weight Fast