[Ilovemyshape.com] The clogged sink drain in kitchen prevents you from washing dishes, even causes unpleasant scents. Annoyance and discomfort all are your feeling when facing this case. But don’t worry! In this article on how to clean kitchen sink drain, you’ll learn quick easy tips to “save” your kitchen from kitchen drain’s odor.
1. Pouring Hot Water Into The Drain
Also, you can use natural ingredients like baking soda and vinegar to clean your kitchen drain naturally.
- Mix baking soda with vinegar in ratio 1:1.
- Then, immediately pour the mixture of baking soda and vinegar into the clogged pipeline.
How does it work to clean your skin drain? In fact, when it comes to ways on how to clean kitchen sink drain, the fizzing reaction between baking soda and vinegar can help remove garbage and dirt in the tube. Then, all things you need to do is waiting for several hours or overnight. In the next morning, pour hot water down into the drain. In addition, baking soda and vinegar can help destroy odors very well.
3. Mixing Salt And Baking Soda
It’s also very easy to make this drain cleaner.
- First, mix 1/2 cup of salt with 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Then, pour it into the drain. After 10 – 20 minutes, flush the tube with hot water.
- Salt, baking powder and hot water will create a chemical reaction that can remove nasty residues from the drain.
4. Pressing Plunger
The pressure of plunger helps push the waste out of the drain. To get the best result, press plunger many times until the sink drain is cleaned through. This one of the natural ways among tips on how to clean kitchen drain.
5. Using Millipede & Zip-It
Millipede and Zip-It are special tools for blockage. They can make wonders for you.
- First, uncoil it, then thread it through the drain.
- Then, crank the millipede a few times and pull up.
- First, place Zip-It into the drain.
- Then, pull it up and down to break down the waste in the drain.
6. Using A Bent Hanger
Next to proven tips on how to clean kitchen sink drain, try bent hanger, it seems to be silly but really effective.
- First, straighten metal hangers out.
- Next, bend one point to form a small hook.
- Insert the hanger through the drain and it’ll start pulling trash out.
- Once you have completed that step, clean the pipe with hot water.
7. Using A Vacuum Machine
Vacuum may be also an effective tool to clean sink drain.
- First, tightly seal the vents
- Then, vacuum the liquid in the drain
- Next, use dry vacuum mode to remove clogged waste into the vacuum bag
The question “how to clean kitchen sink drain” is answered.
As there are so many different types of vacuum machines, you should follow the instructions of each type for this doing. Yet, certainly vacuum power can create a perfect and clean space in the clogged pipe for a long time.
8. Cleaning A U-Shaped Pipe
Beside vacuum machine, you can make use of U-shaped pine to clean clogged pines.
- First, take a basin under the sink drain that can help prevent water from spilling
- Next, use the pine repairing tools to loosen the U-shaped pipe
- Now, just remove everything out of the pipe by hands or an old toothbrush
- Finally, the clogged pipe will be cleaned totally
9. Using Clogged Drain Powder
Simply, shop for a bag of clogged drain powder near your home, read the directions for use and start cleaning your drain.
To prevent pipe blockage, just use clogged drain powder for each 5 months.
10. Using Dishwashing Liquid
Last but not least, don’t forget to use dishwashing liquid to clean kitchen sink drain. Maybe it’s because you are lazy, so you forget this step after cleaning your dishes.
- First, mix 1/4 cup of dishwashing liquid in a bowl
- Then, apply it for the clogged drain
- Dishwashing liquid acts like a lubricant that can help clean the pipe residue
- Next, get some boiling water and pour water down the pipe to complete the process
The Bottom Line
You’ve learned the easiest and the most quickly tips on how to clean kitchen drain. Hope that you will get rid of clogged and smell drain soon with these tips. Do you have any greater ways of how to clean kitchen sink drain? Let us know.
You might like watching:
Via Tips & Tricks