[Ilovemyshape.com] The few things that pop up in your head after seeing Yoga are mostly flexibility, stress, meditation. But have you ever given a thought to reduce your unwanted weight with the help of yoga? Well, we are here to pass on the knowledge we possess about yoga poses for weight loss.
Yoga has many benefits. It lowers the level of stress hormones. So it is really better to do yoga at the break of the day to keep your mind active and fresh. If you are overweight, your body tends to store the food instead of burning it. This results in weight increment. Yoga helps to burn that food by increasing insulin sensitivity rather than storing it. This article by Ilovemyshape.com illustrates the yoga positions for weight loss. These are easy and very effective positions, so beginners can have no problems in doing them. Follow the instructions given and you can thank us later.
The Best Yoga Poses For Weight Loss – Follow The Steps Mentioned
1. Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana)
1. (Inhale) Stand straight on the mat or ground.
2. (Exhaling) Spread your legs about 3-4 Ft apart.
3. (Inhale) Spread your arms perpendicular to the ground with palms facing each other.
4. (Exhale) Turn your left leg by 45ᵒ and right leg by 90ᵒ and rotate your torso to the right.
5. (Inhale) Bend your right knee such that your thigh is parallel to the ground.
6. Keep your feet flat on the mat and look up.
7. Take 3-5 deep breaths.
8. Switch to other side and follow the steps.
2. Chair Pose (Utkatasana)
1. (Inhale) Stand straight on the ground with your feet together.
2. Stretch your arms vertically upwards with palms facing each other (exhale).
3. (Inhale) Bend your knees such that your thighs are parallel to the ground.
4. Stay in this position and breathe normally for 30-45 sec.
5. You can increase the time day by day for better results.
3. Cobbler’s Pose (Baddha Konasana)
1. (Normal breathing) Sit with your spine straight.
2. (Inhale) Stretch your legs.
3. (Exhale) Bend both the knees and touch both the feet to each other by holding them with your hands.
4. Bring them as close as you can to your body (Normal breathing).
5. Be in this position for 30 sec. You can increase the time day by day.
This is one of the easiest yoga positions for weight loss. It helps reducing fats from your abdomen.
4. Half Spinal Twist Pose (Vakrasana)
1. Sit down in with your spine straight.
2. Cross your legs such that left leg is bent at the knee lying on the ground and right leg is bent in the knee going above the left leg with only foot in contact with the ground.
3. Turn your lower body to the right side.
4. Touch the left toe with your left arm and place right arm at a distance from your body.
5. Be in this position for 10 sec (Breathe normally).
6. Switch the sides and follow the steps.
5. Seated Forward Bend Pose (Paschimottanasana)
1. Sit down on the floor with your legs stretched forward with flat feet.
2. (Inhaling) Stretching your arms, try to touch your feet. Try touching your legs with your head at the same time.
3. Flatten your body.
4. If you are unable to touch your feet, try grabbing the parts of your legs which are in your reach and hold them.
5. Be in this position for 45-60 sec. (Normal breathing)
6. Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
1. Lie on your abdomen with your body flat.
2. Bend your elbows and place them in the line of your shoulders near to the body.
3. (Inhale) Push the ground and stretch your arms in this position by raising your chest and looking up.
4. Form the curve of the body from waist. Keep your feet facing up and don’t lift your lower body from the ground (Exhale).
5. Be in this position for 15-20 sec.
7. Bridge (Setu Bandh)
1. Lie down on your back with your feet together.
2. Place your arms by your side.
3. (Exhaling) Bend your knees and lift your body from the shoulders to feet keeping arms on the ground.
4. Try to make your thighs parallel to the ground.
5. Try touching your chest with your chin.
6. (Normal breathing) Stay in this position for 1 min.
7. You can increase or decrease the time as per your convenience.
8. Wind-Realizing Pose (Pavanmuktasana)
1. Lie on your back with your body stretched (Normal breathing).
2. (Inhaling) Lift your legs and bend your knees keeping them together.
3. Hold them with your hands and bring them close to the stomach.
4. Try touching your chin with your knees. You can lift your head to do so.
5. Be in this position for 15-20 sec. Exhale on relaxing.
This position helps you to create stress on your stomach and reduces fat in that region. Thus, this is one of very effective yoga poses for weight loss.
9. Boat Pose (Paripurna Navasana)
1. Lie down on your back with your body stretched.
2. Keep your toes pointed.
3. (Inhaling) Lift your legs at 45ᵒ from the ground.
4. Lift your upper body and raise your hands to the level of your shoulder.
5. Hold your legs in this position.
6. Your body should be in a ‘V’ shape when looked from the side.
7. Don’t bend your knees and spine.
8. Relax and come back to initial position.
10. Locust Pose (Shalabhasana)
1. Lie down on your stomach with your body flat.
2. Your palms should be facing up.
3. (Inhaling) Lift your legs, upper torso and hands without bending your knees.
4. Now lift your head and chest by balancing your body on your tummy.
5. Look straight or slightly up.
6. Make sure your body is stretched in this position.
7. Be in this position for 15-20 seconds. Exhaling, come back to the initial position.
8. You can increase the time day by day.
Following the yoga poses for weight loss mentioned above for 3-4 weeks, you will be able to see the changes in yourself. There are other ways of weight loss like going on dieting and sweating in the gym, but we would prefer yoga. Yoga is beneficial not only for your physical health but also for your mental health. Even if you are a beginner, it doesn’t matter because these are easy positions and you can try them anywhere.
You might like watching the following exercises for arms: